Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Leave it to Grandma...

...to get Daniel into the bathtub for the first time! I left Bubba's house last night for a few minutes to run some dinner home to Jimmy and when I returned I couldn't believe my eyes. Daniel was sitting on the edge of the tub with his feet in the water. This was the first time he's had any desire to get in. For two months, he's spent time on "the sidelines" watching Madi in the tub and playing with his toys from the outside. Bubba had her arms grasped around his belly and he was perched on the edge. She began slowly lowering him into the tub so he could finally feel his feet on the bottom. We have a feeling maybe he thought the tub was really deep all this time. Once he realized this, he slid himself down so he could sit in the tub. I know this sounds crazy to have a 'play by play' for a child taking a bath, but seriously--everytime we've tried to get him in there, he's cried and screamed like he was absolutely terrified. Madi loved that he was in there and was proudly hollering, "Gradulations Daniel! Gradulations Big Boy!" It was a moment I wish I had on videotape!

No comments: