Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Unfortunately, Valentine's Day was overshadowed by this silly garage sale we held yesterday morning, bright and early. At the crack of dawn, Jimmy and I had been out setting up when we heard Madi begin to stir. Jimmy went in to get her, and I heard her say on the monitor, "What you doin' Dada? You doin' garage sale??" He got her up and out to see what we were working on. They set off, in pajamas, to Dunkin' Donuts to get some well-needed java. The first group arrived just past seven. Oh my gosh, I forgot how overwhelming this was! Thank goodness Jimmy pulled up, and I was even more thankful to neighbor Carol, who detected my panic and scooped Madi up and took her home for some normalcy! There are too many funny stories to recount, but now I remember why we don't do this more often. Thank you, Carrie, for keeping me grounded and reminding me that this was a good cause providing many people with items they could never afford otherwise.

Madi had a great day and played with many of her friends throughout. Once we tidied up, we went to the hospital to pay Grandma and Grandpa a Valentine's Day visit. We ended the day with a lovely dinner date at Biba and Grandpa's.

Everyone spoiled Madi yesterday...everyone but us. So, we decided to start over and celebrate today!! We took Madi to the Garlic Festival for some rides and went to lunch with Biba and Grandpa. Madi painted a pot with Daddy, and she tasted her first Shirley Temple! She has eaten wayyyyy too much chocolate and even went in the hot tub. It was a fun day:)

No comments: