Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Visit from Cinderella

Madi decided that she wasn't Madi this afternoon. She was Princess Cinderella visiting from her castle, and she had never been to a house before. We spent hours comparing her to "my daughter, Madi". I continuously pointed out their similarities. She would ask questions about "my daughter"-- like, "Does your daughter share?" To which I replied, "Oh yes, she is really good at sharing."

Sometimes the answers weren't so positive, like when she asked me if my daughter cleans! I asked her if she could help teach my daughter to clean, and she began giving me tips and ideas how to get Madi to clean her room! Cinderella also made sure to distinguish that unlike Madi, who is 3 1/2, she is actually 4 1/2 and can do many things by herself. This routine carried on into bedtime, and she insisted on wearing underwear to bed instead of a pull-up. And for the first time we can remember, Madi put herself to bed...as Cinderella! She hollered for "Leeetsa!" (Lisa) a couple of times for various things, which I was happy to accommodate. Jimmy and I cracked up as we heard her on the monitor winding up her music box. Five minutes later she was sound asleep.

What an interesting turn of events. Of course we wonder what tomorrow will bring. Will this little child who has demanded our presence as she falls off to sleep every night need us anymore, or did Cinderella manage to break this sleeping habit forever?

No comments: