Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fingerprints - Check

Our fingerprints expired on 10/29 for our adoption. We were sent new appointment notices which I quickly added to our calendar. We were ready to leave for our appointment yesterday when I looked at the paper, and I almost jumped out of my skin. How could that paper have read 'November 2nd' when it was already November 3rd?? Yes, Queen organizer wrote down the wrong day on the calendar! I instantly fell into a panic, especially when I read the disclaimer, 'if you fail to make your appearance, your case will be abandoned'. Oh my Good Lord!! I freaked out! Thank God Jimmy was there to calm me down. Madi started getting upset and saying, "Daddy, I want our baby. I want our baby!" I called our USCIS case worker and he calmly recommended that we show up at the support center and see what happens. So we did. We drove to Royal Palm Beach and much to our Murphy's Law surprise, we were treated like royalty without a single hitch. We were printed and gone in 15 minutes!! No coincidences, I say, no coincidences...

Now we continue to wait for our travel approval. Once we receive it, we are on to the next step: planning travel!!!

No comments: