Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

For years, I have looked at the precious writings of my friends and family's children with those fill in the blank questions asked in school, like 'my favorite thing is...' or 'I love Mom because...". You know what I mean--those questions who's answers must be so very adored and cherished by their parents.

Well, yesterday we got our first taste of that experience. Jimmy and I walked into Madi's school to pick her up and noticed a big paper on the wall that read, "What I'm thankful for..." As our eyes scrolled down to Madi's entry, our hearts melted and our eyes teared. It read "Mommy and Daddy".

I always wondered how it felt as a parent to read those sweet answers expressed by your child. I am so glad to know it feels every bit as wonderful as I ever imagined it would:)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

That's sweet. We usually come in after Legos and the dog -n- cat...