Friday, January 22, 2010

A Few Laughs at Each Other's Expense

We have definitely enjoyed quite a few laughs already on our trip.

The night we arrived was Papa's night. We went to the restaurant and that's when he realized that they use chopsticks here. He looked like a deer in the headlights. That was an "oops" moment...maybe we should have practiced that with him!! He was a little frustrated but took on the challenge and rose to the occasion. Yesterday morning, we noticed his turtleneck shirt was on backwards because we could clearly see the tag on his throat:) Then last night, he wasn't moving quickly enough and got pinched in the elevator doors. Thankfully, we were the only three there to see it!

Jimmy miscalculated the revolving door and slammed himself into one of the glass panels before he exited. He later hit the glass window with his face trying to window shop. We need to keep him away from glass!

My "thing" has been my hair because of this bone-dry air in Beijing. There are no words to describe what I look like after a long day of touring with a hat on. The second I peel the hat off, my super-thin hair is either sticking straight up or glued to my head or both. It is truly bizarre. No, I will not post a picture!

To be continued...

3 comments:

Ana said...

Hilarious! Glad to hear everyone is in good spirits. 3Ds

Sammy Pajammy said...

It is great to hear your journey and Madi's side of it as well. Very touching and heartwarming. Hugs, W,E,S

Anonymous said...

I have not laughed THIS hard in a LOONNNNNG time! OMG Lisa I can totally picture the whole thing and hearing your laugh in my head makes me laugh harder! Thank God there were no terra cotta pots nearby while you were eating!!!!!