Friday, March 19, 2010

Cast Off!

Daniel's cast came off on Wednesday! His reaction was interesting, almost like he had separation anxiety from it when they took it away. I had never been involved in the removal of a cast before. I can't imagine his thoughts seeing that buzz saw come toward his arm. I kept him calm, and he was actually very, very good while the nurse removed it.

The Doctor gave us strict instructions to keep him in a bubble for the next two weeks while his arm is still "tender". Wow, that task seems impossible. If you know Daniel, you'll agree!! This picture was taken at the doctor's office after his cast was removed, sporting his sister's headband. If she only knew, she would have gone crazy!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I know Daniel and I think putting him in a bubble (literally) for 2 weeks might do the trick. Otherwise I'll be praying.

:) :) :)

Jennifer said...

First let me say he is so cute! I know you guys are loving him so much. Secondly, welcome to the world of boys. You had your first of many ER visits. Our second son C.J. got stitches twice in about two months when he was three at the same ER. You can't keep them in a bubble. They were created to take risks. Over the years (they are now 17 and 16) there have been numerous broken fingers, toes, sprained ankles, and the list could go on!
We miss our travel mates and love reading your blog to catch up. Please tell Grandpa Jim hello for us.
Take care.
Greg and Jennifer Smith
www.prayingadamhome.blogspot.com