Monday, September 29, 2008

Flashback: Gotcha Madi!



On September 3rd, we celebrated Gotcha Day with Madi. For those who are unfamiliar, this was the day that Madi was placed in our arms forever two years ago. This year, my head was swirling with so many thoughts about how much this child has changed our lives. She continues to amaze us on a daily basis. God is so good.

This year, we celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa at the China Dumpling restaurant. Madi was accompanied by her two favorite (at the time) princess figurines, Jasmine and Belle. At one point, our waitress grabbed one of them from the table and pretended to take it away. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a look of distress from our child!! She was horrified and buried her head in my shoulders. Once we convinced her that the waitress was just playing, Madi got over it, but every time our waitress neared the table, the princesses went 'in hiding' under the table and Madi looked like a warrior ready to fight!

Earlier in the day, Madi was surprised with a special delivery cookie arrangement from Aunt Kathy (YaYa) and cousin Kelsey (Boo Boo). She shared her cookies with her closest friends and family members and is still enjoying them on occasion (from the freezer).

I hope my friend Carmen doesn't mind me posting this poem, but it was so appropriate and heartwarming that I wanted to share it. She posted it on our MeiMei group when her family celebrated their 2nd year anniversary as a family with their beautiful daughter Ami Mei.

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true.
Though I didn't give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Wow! You've been busy! Great job on the blog. Happy 2yr anniversary. I love that poem too. I look forward to following along.

Pauline Murphy said...

We sure did have fun at Dinner. The waitress sure had a way of upsetting Madi! Nobody messes with her Princess figurines. Love, G&G M

Biba said...

I love this Murphy family photo under the tree. Is that the blessed Xiao Xiao clutched in Madi's hand? :-)