Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Madi's First Library Card!


Wow. Call me a nerd, but I never thought I'd be bragging about this one (if you knew me in my younger years, you'd understand.) Madi got her first library card today!! I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't had one since I was a kid, so I feel like I'm redeeming myself through my three-year old daughter:-)

Last week, we started going to story time on Tuesday mornings. Once I explained the concept of the library to Madi today, she ran around like crazy grabbing books to "borrow"--she knows the term well from family members. So here's the list of her very first choices:

Barney-Follow Me (it was the first one she saw since someone left it on a table--very appropriate after our trip to see him)

Go, Dog. Go!

Counting (another one left on the table)

Care Bears-Adventures in Care-A-lot DVD

Angelina Ballerina-Dance of Friendship DVD

I didn't have my camera with me, but I managed to snap a photo through my cell phone to commemorate the moment!

3 comments:

Storma said...

I love this you are such wonderful parents

Love,
Storma

Pauline Murphy said...

Madi sure looks happy to have a library card, much more than her dad ever did!

Biba said...

I wish her arms full of books always.