Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Together Forever


About a month ago, as we were unloading groceries into the van in the Publix parking lot, Madi and I had a very deep conversation that I will never forget. It went like this:

I said, "Stay close to the van Madi. A car could come, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything to happen to you." As I helped her into her car seat, she replied, "Like a doggie?" I replied, "Yes, Madi, like a doggie." She gazed at me in all seriousness as I buckled her in and said, "I wanna be with you forever Mommy."

I couldn't believe how fast tears could actually run to my eyes and I hugged her so tight. It was such an intense moment. It was as if she "got" the whole concept of life and death. Maybe Madi is an "old soul".

2 comments:

Pauline Murphy said...

She is amazing! Love, G&G M.

Biba said...

....or maybe a doggie in a past life? Just kidding; that is so touching.