Thursday, July 25, 2013

Reunited.

Yesterday, I was reunited with a dear friend who I haven't seen in about fifteen years. She was one of my roommates down here before I met Jimmy, and she was my maid of honor in our wedding twenty years ago! Sherri and I shared some fun, fun times together.

But we totally lost touch, unfortunately, when our lives went in separate directions. Jimmy and I moved to another town eventually, after we were married, and Sherri moved back up north. For years, I've thought about her, and even tried to find her, on occasion, through Facebook. But I always came up empty handed.

And then, this month, she found me on Facebook. Outta nowhere. My jaw dropped when I saw her name. Who says social media's good for nothing?  I could hardly believe we'd found each other again. And on Facebook, no less!

It turned out that she and her family were vacationing here in the area, so we took the opportunity to get together.  The kids and I drove to their vacation rental to swim and meet the families. When I pulled into the resort, and saw her in the parking lot, I literally had to put the van in park and just run to her. I don't think either one of us expected to get so emotional about our reunion. We visited for three hours, which went by like a flash. It was such a blessing.

Sherri's children are beautiful, and her husband seems to be such a nice man. She is still a beautiful soul and her faith is still a number one priority in her life. I always loved that about her.

After all these years, we picked up as if it were just yesterday...the sign of a true friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the nicest story. I have a few M.I.A.'s that I think about and wonder how they are. I can totally picture just running to them! I'm so happy you found someone important from your past! Love ya Lisa!
~ Tracy Simmons