Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Looking for Peace

Last night, Jimmy and I were outside for a brief time discussing Daniel and our disbelief that he's no longer with us when I looked up in the sky to see another beautiful rainbow. It instantly brought comfort.

This week brings a lot of mixed emotions. Tomorrow we are heading down to Miami to meet with Daniel's surgeon. The night Daniel passed away, his surgeon said that we would probably think of many questions to ask once the dust settled. He was right. I don't think that 'closure' is necessarily the right word for what we are seeking. I think we are looking for peace. We hope that we can learn a few things that will give us peace. We realize that some of our questions probably can't be answered, but that's okay. We'll try.

On Friday, we are laying Daniel's ashes to rest. We chose the Mausoleum in Boca Raton where Jimmy's Grandparents are buried. Uncle Bill's ashes are also in the Mausoleum there. My Father-in-Law had never laid Grandma's ashes to rest last year when she passed (one year ago tomorrow), so appropriately we are placing Daniel's urn in the same niche with Grandma's urn. They are in Heaven together, and now their ashes on Earth will be together as well. That is something that truly does give us peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the beach last night and saw the rainbow too. I thought of your family and of Lisa's post about the rainbow's promise. I hope the surgeon has answers for you. Prayers and thoughts are with you.
Amy Sexton