Thursday, July 15, 2010

Better late than never

I was driving on I-95 today, and I started thinking about how being late used to drive me crazy. I mean really crazy. Downright neurotic actually. The slightest traffic jam could send me into a tailspin. Running late for an event could give me heart palpitations.

Daniel changed me. Going through all of that chaos with him and watching his bravery every step of the way changed me. Not that I never let hiccups along the way affect me now--in fact, Jimmy would probably laugh if he saw this post! But seriously, I feel differently. Losing Daniel made me realize what really matters. Traffic jams and running a few minutes late do not matter. Not one bit.

Thank you, God, for reminding me what is really important. Losing Daniel was critical. Nothing else even compares.

5 comments:

Melissa Portie said...

Although I can not relate to your enormous loss, I can relate to having a different outlook on everything. I am quite neurotic as well with being on time and on a schedule. When I think of Maddie all other things seem small in comparison - no matter the issue. What a beautiful picture of Daniel! Hope ya'll are doing well. Thinking of you often!

Rog N Deege said...

I love this picture of Daniel. Still sending prayers your way!

Biba said...

"Attitude is Everything"

Max lived it!

Anonymous said...

So true.... so, so, true!

Miss you-
Doc

P.S. LOVE Daniel's impish grin in this pic. It's too cute.

Ana said...

So true, Lisa! Thank you for sharing and inspiring me. 3Ds