Friday, March 27, 2009

Madi's Special Day

Something happened this morning that hasn't happened in a long time. Madi and I started our day without any plans!! I asked her if she wanted to go to the YMCA, and she replied, "No...it's a special day." So I went with it. Madi declared it 'her special day'. We strolled to the park without any friends (by choice). We went to Wakodahatchee Wetlands for a quick outing, only because Mommy wasn't prepared with a drink and a snack (shame on Mommy). I think the best is yet to come. Madi came out of her room at about 1:30 and said, "When can I do a lemonade stand?" I thought about it, knowing we don't have any lemonade in the house. She settled for a fruit punch and dried fruit stand! We are waiting for Bubba and Grandpa to make it over with some cups and the punch is cooling in the fridge. Madi and I worked on a sign. She has even been practicing how she will jump up and down and wave to attract customers. She promptly designated a bowl for the money. I think we're good to go! Pictures will definitely follow...

No comments: