Saturday, March 28, 2009

No more pull-ups?

Madi decided that she wants to start wearing underwear to bed like her good friend, Ana. Last night, we had a 'rehearsal' of sorts before bedtime. We stopped drinks at an early hour. We made sure to go potty before bed. I set up night lights all over the place, and I explained that she could call for Mommy over the monitor if necessary. But no--she wanted to do it all by herself.

I think I was half-awake most of the night listening for that moment. At 6:00am, Jimmy poked me and said, "I think Madi just went to the bathroom. I heard the toilet flush!" We listened carefully to those amazing sounds of independence. And then the most amazing sound. Madi had gone back in her bedroom, settled in, and started to giggle. She giggled for about five minutes. She was obviously very proud of this big accomplishment. Sweet music to our ears...

2 comments:

Ana said...

Way to go, Madi!!! And you are an entrepreneur also. You are definitely a big girl now. Ana and Gigi

Carrie said...

Yea!!! So proud that is a huge thing...good job!