Sunday, October 12, 2008

Madi and Matthew


Madi and cousin Matthew are close. They have lived down the street from each other for the last two years. They are almost three years apart in age, but they couldn't be more close in bond. In fact, they could be siblings--which reminds me of a story.

One day, when Madi was probably 18 months old, we were riding in our van and Madi began kicking Aunt Colleen's seat. As this began to agitate Aunt Colleen, she turned around and said, "Madi--if you don't stop kicking my seat, I'm going to take your feet!" With that, cousin Matthew was quite distraught and shouted without hesitation, "You leave my sister's feet alone!!!" I guess that about sums it up...

2 comments:

Judy said...

Too cute! What a nice bond they have. We thought of you guys this weekend as we sat back and enjoyed a shock "wave" on the house while Kylie enjoyed feeding the ducks:-)

Biba said...

I remember how we all talked to Matthew about "the baby" and one day he asked with exasperation, "When is that baby going to come?" The concept of cousin didn't register with him too well, but sister did. She was his too after all.