Friday, October 31, 2008

Madi's First Nightmare

Okay, so I know this wasn't her first nightmare, but it was the first one that she could actually verbalize what happened. How fitting for the night before Halloween! Around 3:00AM, we heard a scratching or kicking the covers sound, followed by Madi shouting, "Go! Go! Go!" in her little accent. Then she burst into crying and screaming for Mommy. I ran to her room and she was sitting on the bed crying. I asked her if she had a bad dream, and she said, "Big bug! Big bug!" and pointed in her bed. I turned on the light, and we looked for the bug which was nowhere to be found. I explained that it was only a dream, but Madi wanted no part of her bed and insisted on going to Mommy and Daddy's room. So what did I do? What every professional would tell you not to do! I took her into our bed for the first time ever! It was a crazy night, to say the least. Madi kicked me throughout the night (she evidently thought I was the big bug) and Daddy recounted this morning various antics of her sleeping on his belly, tickling his face with her hair, yada, yada, yada.

At 8:00AM, Madi woke up with a big smile, rolled over, and said, "Mama, where we goin' today?" Hmmm-she didn't remember a thing! I told her the whole story, and she giggled as if it were fiction. I also explained that I was washing her whole bed today, so we can make sure there are no bugs in the bed tonight. Can't wait to find out what Halloween night will bring!! Oh...and please don't call the house between 1:00 and 3:30--we'll be napping!

1 comment:

Pauline Murphy said...

That must have been very scary for her. I'm sure glad she didn't remember it.

Love, Grandma and Grandpa