Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gate C-125

As we descended into Newark, the pilot announced, "We are arriving at Gate: Charlie - 125" 

"HE SAID CHARLIE!" Madi's head spun in amazement. 

We made it safely and now wait for our plane to Shanghai. Madi was great on the flight here. She had us in stitches a few times. She's such a stipulator sometimes and was very busy allocating time limits on the armrests.  She heard the flight attendant announce a "snack service" and we knew we weren't getting out of that one. Pringles at 7:30 a.m. never hurt anyone, not that I know of anyway.

I also wanted to mention that we arrive in Shanghai at 1:55 p.m. Hopefully, you will all be sleeping!

God bless:)

6 comments:

Melissa Portie said...

Praying for you guys!!! I'll be watching your blog daily for updates. Can't wait to see Charlie with his new family!!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys. I will be thinking of you all day and I can't wait to hear what Madi has to say about the whole experience. God speed. Love and blessings.
- Tracy Simmons

Melanie Meaney said...

Lisa, I am so thrilled to read your blog and experience your journey with you as you, Jimmy & Madi travel to meet your son, Charlie. How amazing! God bless you on your travels. I'm soooo happy for you. What a lucky little boy Charlie will be to have a family filled with so much love. I'm sure Madi must be bursting with joy to meet Charlie (as are her parents!)! Thinking of you, and sending all our prayers and good wishes to you all. Lots of love, Melanie, Jim, Alexander & Lydia Meaney xo

Biba said...

We'll be lookin' at you soon. Cats are fine but missing you.

Judy said...

Have a great trip! Looking forward to your updates and seeing Charlie in your arms!!!

Carrie said...

You all have been my very first prayer of the last few days. I'm so looking forward to coming along with you... and Lisa, through your eyes of faith the journey is enriched tenfold!!

Lots of love and prayers <3!!!
Carrie