Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Countdown to surgery

As I write this post, I am looking at Daniel sound asleep in his stroller. I took him for a walk this morning and he promptly fell asleep. His nights have been so restless--filled with whimpers and cries. I know we can count on, at least once in the night, him crying out and tearing out of his bedroom. By the time I can get to him, he's already in the hallway. I do not think he's awake, but it does seem that he's looking for us and he's clearly comforted once he finds us. Last night, for the first time, he had run into Madi's room crying. I think he loves her companionship so much. If he had his wish, I know he'd sleep with her every night. He seems to be comfortable in his room and goes to sleep without much issue now, but the nights have been rough for him. Sorry for rambling, but I know that his nights are affecting his days and he's very tired. I am so relieved when he has a good nap.

It's hard to believe that this time next week, Daniel's heart surgery will have taken place and we will be on the road to his recovery. It seems like we've been talking about it for so long now. We are prepared that the next few weeks, months maybe, will not be easy for him or for us, but there's really no alternative here. We would appreciate your prayers for a successful surgery and for a speedy and full recovery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know our hearts and our prayers go out to you! You can tell Madi that our cat's name is Lucky too!! I think of you guys every day and can't wait for this to all go smoothhhhly......We love you.....Ya ya and boo boo

Ana said...

The 3Ds are sending lots of positive your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you all. We love you so much.

Sherri and Chris Lemon