Today is about side steps. Daniel's swelling is going down, and he has put out a little urine today, thank God. The doctors have decided not to close his chest until they work on a couple of things. Daniel's diastolic pressure is up, and they need to find out why. They can't control this with medication without jeopardizing his kidneys, which they are not willing to do right now. They are also concerned about his platelet levels being low. They are going to do an echocardiogram today to take a closer look at his heart function and will aim for closing him tomorrow IF everything checks out okay.
Thank you for helping us stay strong. We pray that God will continue working miracles in Daniel's little body.